Tuesday 20 September 2016

What is love?

No matter who you ask their answers will always differentiate from one another. To some love is the smell of freshly baked pies on a Sunday afternoon, to others, it's a smile after a long day. But what is love to me?

For a long time I never really knew what love was, not truly, to me love had always been the stuff of fairytales, attentive and caring parents who supported you through everything and a boy who would move heaven and earth just to be by your side. As a child, I would watch Disney movies and dream of the future.

On the 23rd of January 2016, I no longer needed to wonder what love was, I was living it. From that first moment standing on those steps when I spotted him walking through the crowd I knew. I knew he was everything I had been searching for. It was clear he was nervous, obviously, so was I. My whole body filled with joy and the biggest smile overwhelmed my face. That day was perfect and the only thing I remember wishing was different was the amount of time we spent together. I was already hooked on this boy. I still am to this day. So you want to know what love is to me? I'll tell you.

Love is the quiver in his voice when he knows I'm upset,
It's the way he gives me a headphone and always seems to play a song about how he's feeling in that moment,
the way he laughs (god I love the way he laughs),
the way he never gets sick of me and all my emotions,
it's how he always put effort into the way his hair looks but it falls flat and I still think he looks perfect,
the way he always wants to know I got home safe,
it's how he never judges me for being scared of the dark and is nothing but helpful,
it's the glimmer of his ocean blue eyes when I'm centimeters away from him'
He's never bothered by my clingyness,
He always knows when my mood changes and he always tries to make it better again.

Love is just him, everything about him from his scent that I adore no matter if he's just woken up or sprayed my favourite aftershave on him to the way he doesn't even know how out of my league he is. He's my everything, my best friend, my shoulder to cry on, my family and overall he is my fairytale.

No comments:

Post a Comment